Why should we book an in home session instead of a regular session?
– People feel the most comfortable in their own homes. Capturing a couple’s true emotions is a lot easier when they can just relax and be them selves. Plus it will be the most unique location for a session because no one has a home like you.
Do we get to choose which area of the home the session takes place?
– I always recommend shooting in the area of your home that has plenty of natural light. We can always move furniture closer to the windows as well to help get that beautiful light.
What time of day is best for an in home session?
– That will depend entirely on your home. I have my couples send me photos of their home at different times of the day before hand to help. Typically most of my in home sessions take place mid morning.
What should we wear for the session?
– Always wear what you are most comfortable in. Weather that is a t- shirt and a pair of jeans, or a comfy sweater. I always suggest neutral, earthy tones as well. They will be less distracting so we can focus more on you as a couple.
How do you keep the session from being awkward?
– I love getting to know my couples before hand that way they don’t feel like a complete stranger is just coming into their home. I also put on some good tunes we can jam to while we are capturing all those in between moments.
Our house isn’t very big, will you be able to get a variety of images?
– Most in home sessions take place in one or two small rooms in a home. A lot of couples bake, play music, dance or just snuggle up on the couch together. When you are doing the things you normally would do in your home it is easy to capture your story, rather than just photographs.